Posts: 130647 Topics: 9224 LOGIN

Home >> Love & Relationships >> Do women want fat blokes???

25.06.2008, 19:14 quote

jeggae

On the 'Do you think big is beautiful?' thread, I dont see many women saying they like fat blokes. RG is about the only one that I can see, sorry if I missed someone. We have had a few 'Do men like big women' threads, and most men are always reassuring and positive.

From what I can see though, big [fat] women get a better response on forums then fat men as far as flirting is concerned. Fat men get a lot of laughs and sympathy. But the men with 'athletic and toned' or 'slim' get all the real action. Seems double standards to me.

Do women want it both ways?..How many women are actively looking or at least interested in fat men?

 

25.06.2008, 19:42 quote

jeggae

Laughing That's my old thread.
I thought I did this subject previously, I think around about the time Ann-Marie joined and she did a 'big women' thread. I did a search but couldn't come up with anything Smile

There's a lot of Anon on there so will be interesting to see what new women think anyway

 

25.06.2008, 21:24 quote

rocketgirl

Ha! As Jegs has already mentioned, I am most attracted to the larger man. In fact, thinking back, all the men I have ever dated/married were defo on the tubby side to say the least.
When i was 20 yrs old and started going out with my then future hubby, i was 5'3 and just over 7 stone, he was 6'1 and just under 20 stone...things have only changed in recent years insofar as my current chap has recently lost a lot of weight due to ill health and too skinny for my liking (but i wont be telling him that!) and I have put on alot of weight, so now really its a case of tubby gal dates skinny bloke, but it wasnt deliberately done like that.
I will always, always prefer the chubby guys.
But Jegs yeah I think our men/women culture has double standards about who wants what when it comes to weight/size. And i think its wrong. Media hype.

 

25.06.2008, 21:29 quote

jeggae

CMISO wrote:
jeggae wrote:
Laughing That's my old thread.
I thought I did this subject previously, I think around about the time Ann-Marie joined and she did a 'big women' thread. I did a search but couldn't come up with anything Smile

There's a lot of Anon on there so will be interesting to see what new women think anyway


Thought it was yours. Smile

Yep, tricky trying to work out who the anons are. I see the ever popular nightwave was in the thread.


I'm consistent if nothing else

 

25.06.2008, 21:34 quote

rocketgirl

Jegs - you dont help this media hype when you say in the arse thread you wont post a pic til you've lost weight! I dont wanna see a skinny bum on you!!

 

25.06.2008, 21:38 quote

jeggae

I've been both sides of the fence 'athletic & toned' and fat. So I know from personal experience what women prefer. At the moment I'm in between, so isn't too bad. But I hold my weight well anyway.

But even on Internet forums fat blokes lose out. Nice to see some women who claim they prefer fatter men, but I'd like to see it in action, making fatter men more welcome.

 

26.06.2008, 08:00 quote

jeggae

rocketgirl wrote:
Jegs - you dont help this media hype when you say in the arse thread you wont post a pic til you've lost weight! I dont wanna see a skinny bum on you!!


Sorry I didnt see this last night.

You're probably right. But I have always been a bit conscious about weight, hence being a yo yo dieter. But deep down are many people happy with being overweight? [probably another thread I've started in the past ] I know people say they are, but I rarely believe that. Most people are much happier when slim and fit Surprised

 

26.06.2008, 20:59 quote

lonelygirl529

I love a big man!

Only ever been out with 1 skinny man, and he left me all bruised with hip bones sticking in everywhere! (Ouch!!!!) Really not nice!

Give me a large man any day of the week!

Even when I have been out with "average" size guys, I have tended to feed them up Laughing

I like something to cuddle up to without it feeling like you're cuddling a bag of bones or a rock!

Bigger is definitely better in my opinion! Wink

 

29.06.2008, 08:43 quote

jeggae

DeepthroatH wrote:
Quote:
Well if I could be showering with you DeepthroatH I'd be happy to shower more than once a day.


I'll bet...!!

Wink

So Jegs, have we answered your question at all?


Thanks H, I know some women are interested in bigger men Smile What size is acceptable I'm not sure though. But I wish it was apparent on Internet message boards

One of my best friends on the net is a lovely looking women in her 20's who's partner is just short of 40 stone, and she's happy with him.

 

29.06.2008, 16:19 quote

jeggae

redelicious wrote:
jeggae wrote:
On the 'Do you think big is beautiful?' thread, I dont see many women saying they like fat blokes. RG is about the only one that I can see, sorry if I missed someone. We have had a few 'Do men like big women' threads, and most men are always reassuring and positive.

From what I can see though, big [fat] women get a better response on forums then fat men as far as flirting is concerned. Fat men get a lot of laughs and sympathy. But the men with 'athletic and toned' or 'slim' get all the real action. Seems double standards to me.

Do women want it both ways?..How many women are actively looking or at least interested in fat men?


Don't knock the ability to make a woman laugh Jeggae. Athletic may get the initial 'phwoar' but the laughs will get 'em into your bed!

As for mens size/shape, I can only speak for myself. I prefer a man with meat on him, something I can grab a hold of. Even so, it's still the personality that finalizes the decision.


As I've said, I've been both sides of the fence, so I have an idea whet women prefer. Although I still have women attracted to me now, nowhere near as many as when I was slim and fit. Although I've never been a womaniser.

Looks and personalty is the best, but looks and no personalty easily gets ahead of good personality and not very good looking, from what I have seen.

But of course looks is subjective. But there are some men that women do not find attractive unfortunately, and no amount of great personality will change that.

As for internet messageboards, there has been a number of fat blokes on here with great personalities, but they never stay long. wonder if its because they dont get the same reaction as the fit blokes??

I can only go by what I've seen over the last 30 odd years, and a man having meat on him is not always the same as being fat.

 

01.07.2008, 09:27 quote

jeggae

redelicious wrote:
jeggae wrote:

I can only go by what I've seen over the last 30 odd years, and a man having meat on him is not always the same as being fat.


Possibly a question of semantics but by 'meat' I was politely meaning 'fat'. Okay, so I may be put off by someone who could barely move because of their size, but i like fat guys. My last boyfriend and my 2nd husband were both 3-4 stone overweight.


Okay red, that's good and I'll take your word for it.

Seems a lot of women on here like fat blokes. But I never see it in action. All the flirting on these forums are with the fit/slim blokes. Remarks to the fat blokes range from sympathy to stop moaning.

I'm probably the only fat bloke that has stuck around for any length of time and like all the fat blokes sit back and watch in all going on, that also involve the 'big' women. I suggest 'big' women have more fun on here then fat blokes.

Seems funny that apparently a majority of men are supposed to be overweight, but that is not reflected on these forums.

The other site I go on where women are more my age, I get women try to flirt with me by messages, but will not do it on the forums. That's got worse since the women have met me and seen what a great bloke I am Laughing

Its a case of I'd like to meet you again, but wont admit to it on the forums, but would rather flirt with the fit fashionable blokes.
Not that I'm saying women are in anyway shallow Rolling Eyes

But they say the same things on there as the women are on here, but makes me think what do thy really want?

Its the way I see it anyway...I hope this is making me sound bitter

I rarely go in the fun bits of both the forums I go on. Its not because I'm a miserable sod, but because there's no point.
I'll stop moaning now and hope for a bit of sympathy.

 

01.07.2008, 10:19 quote

jeggae

funkychick1 wrote:
redelicious wrote:
jeggae wrote:
On the 'Do you think big is beautiful?' thread, I dont see many women saying they like fat blokes. RG is about the only one that I can see, sorry if I missed someone. We have had a few 'Do men like big women' threads, and most men are always reassuring and positive.

From what I can see though, big [fat] women get a better response on forums then fat men as far as flirting is concerned. Fat men get a lot of laughs and sympathy. But the men with 'athletic and toned' or 'slim' get all the real action. Seems double standards to me.

Do women want it both ways?..How many women are actively looking or at least interested in fat men?


Don't knock the ability to make a woman laugh Jeggae. Athletic may get the initial 'phwoar' but the laughs will get 'em into your bed!

As for mens size/shape, I can only speak for myself. I prefer a man with meat on him, something I can grab a hold of. Even so, it's still the personality that finalizes the decision.


Red, could not agree more ....... If i am honest though not really in to the 'phwaor' types myself, or i am into really big guys. some where in between, but they defo have to make me laugh.

Robin you referred to all the 'fit/slim' guys that get all the flirting, dont think that is due to size or looks, but confidence, everyone knows i am not a 'fit' girl as some would like to say, but i am full of confidence, there a few types of 'fat people',

1.those you dont care, try dieting now and then, but love themselves how they are.

2.those who moan and do nothing about it.

3. and those for whatever reason, sometimes medical, are struck with there size and try and make the most of what they have got

Obviously we all live in the real world and bigger people will always have less poeple to choose from when it comes to relationships, but hey you know what, it's fun looking ........


The point is Ann-Marie, when I first came on this and the other site a couple years ago, I didn't have a picture up. I had fun, was going all over the forums, and got involved in a fair bit of flirting and got women laughing. Some might remember it if they think back.

As soon as I put my picture up is all changed and I started to get ignored. Including by some women still posting on here now. Maybe its because I'm ugly or because I'm fat. Not sure I'm that ugly.

But one women who I was having a lot of laughs with before said 'I dont chat to fat men'.

My first picture wasnt that flattering, but it was honest. Maybe I should have put an artistic picture up that bore no resemblance to me? Some women to me seem suckers for photo's.

I have a fair bit of confidence in real life, and I did on these forums. The reason I dont post isn't because of confidence.

Okay these are only forums, and how much they are like real life is debatable.

I'm still not convinced that a women who had the choice between a fat person and a fit person, would pick the fat person....as some men would.


..and as I said I have been both.

 

01.07.2008, 10:50 quote

rocketgirl

My God Robin you've come across some shallow women here then! Stopped talking to you because they saw your photo?!
And when that woman (no i cant call her a lady) said sorry i dont chat to fat blokes, I TRUST your reply to her was "Thats ok cuz I dont chat with rude, stuck-up bitches". At worst, she could have just said "you're not my type but i appreciate your interest, end of".
For the record, I started chatting with you BECAUSE of your photo, even though its ended up just a really nice friendship, I liked what I saw. So there. Razz

(and yeah, i know i'm contrary but yes i do go for 'fat over fit').
I ONCE had my eye on a bloke who was a bit of a gym freak, only cuz he chased me, but i soon came to realise that he was usually sneaking a look in the mirror behind my head when we spoke and he spent more time than a woman in the bathroom preparing to go out, dithered about Should i wear the white t-shirt or the red t-shirt with my new tan?....nah, i'd rather a bloke who yes of course cares what he looks like, but not a ruddy peacock thanks, just someone who enjoys his grub will do me, and has some chub to cuddle up to.

 

01.07.2008, 11:07 quote

jeggae

rocketgirl wrote:
My God Robin you've come across some shallow women here then! Stopped talking to you because they saw your photo?!
And when that woman (no i cant call her a lady) said sorry i dont chat to fat blokes, I TRUST your reply to her was "Thats ok cuz I dont chat with rude, stuck-up bitches". At worst, she could have just said "you're not my type but i appreciate your interest, end of".
For the record, I started chatting with you BECAUSE of your photo, even though its ended up just a really nice friendship, I liked what I saw. So there. Razz



Although it didn't bother me too much, I wasnt happy as she was someone who was telling me how good my personality was before, and how much fun I was on the forums and to chat to. She was also talking about wanting to meet me....but she probably lived a bit far away down south.

As I said some of the women that changed, still post on here now.

One didn't change at all, so all respect to her.

 

01.07.2008, 15:48 quote

jeggae

funkychick1 wrote:
jeggae wrote:
funkychick1 wrote:
redelicious wrote:
jeggae wrote:
On the 'Do you think big is beautiful?' thread, I dont see many women saying they like fat blokes. RG is about the only one that I can see, sorry if I missed someone. We have had a few 'Do men like big women' threads, and most men are always reassuring and positive.

From what I can see though, big [fat] women get a better response on forums then fat men as far as flirting is concerned. Fat men get a lot of laughs and sympathy. But the men with 'athletic and toned' or 'slim' get all the real action. Seems double standards to me.

Do women want it both ways?..How many women are actively looking or at least interested in fat men?


Don't knock the ability to make a woman laugh Jeggae. Athletic may get the initial 'phwoar' but the laughs will get 'em into your bed!

As for mens size/shape, I can only speak for myself. I prefer a man with meat on him, something I can grab a hold of. Even so, it's still the personality that finalizes the decision.


Red, could not agree more ....... If i am honest though not really in to the 'phwaor' types myself, or i am into really big guys. some where in between, but they defo have to make me laugh.

Robin you referred to all the 'fit/slim' guys that get all the flirting, dont think that is due to size or looks, but confidence, everyone knows i am not a 'fit' girl as some would like to say, but i am full of confidence, there a few types of 'fat people',

1.those you dont care, try dieting now and then, but love themselves how they are.

2.those who moan and do nothing about it.

3. and those for whatever reason, sometimes medical, are struck with there size and try and make the most of what they have got

Obviously we all live in the real world and bigger people will always have less poeple to choose from when it comes to relationships, but hey you know what, it's fun looking ........


The point is Ann-Marie, when I first came on this and the other site a couple years ago, I didn't have a picture up. I had fun, was going all over the forums, and got involved in a fair bit of flirting and got women laughing. Some might remember it if they think back.

As soon as I put my picture up is all changed and I started to get ignored. Including by some women still posting on here now. Maybe its because I'm ugly or because I'm fat. Not sure I'm that ugly.

But one women who I was having a lot of laughs with before said 'I dont chat to fat men'.

My first picture wasnt that flattering, but it was honest. Maybe I should have put an artistic picture up that bore no resemblance to me? Some women to me seem suckers for photo's.

I have a fair bit of confidence in real life, and I did on these forums. The reason I dont post isn't because of confidence.

Okay these are only forums, and how much they are like real life is debatable.

I'm still not convinced that a women who had the choice between a fat person and a fit person, would pick the fat person....as some men would.


..and as I said I have been both.


I totally agree with all you have said Robin, and i hope i wasn;t included in the one of the ones ignored once your pic went up

all i am trying to say dont let people get you down, maybe they dont, but believe me there are just as many shallow men as women, and i know your have confidence in real life.

Can i ask one question though, What type of woman do you go for ???

xx Razz


Nope wasnt you Ann-Marie. But there's never really been that much banter between us, not sure why that is. Cant remember if you started before or after I put my first picture up.


Not sure what I'm after now, as its probably changed as I got older. But I have been with all colours, shapes and sizes. Cool

The present lady that I might be embarking on something with is large, and did point this out to me and more or less apologised for being so. But as I said, I'm large myself Smile

But I have always been active and like dancing and clubbing, but I'm probably getting too old for that. Laughing
The women I'd like is probably large but is willing to lose it. That way we could motivate each other to keep fit. Mainly to stop my doctor moaning.

I've always thought that inside every large person is a slim person wanting to get out. Surprised

 
 
Jump to:

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum